Sony has announced the release date of A7RⅡ.
Although I thought it would be simply with no low-pass filter since the camera has “R” in its name, it has;
* The world’s first back-illuminated full-frame Exmor R CMOS sensor
* High resolution, 42.4 MP approx. effective megapixels
* ISO range of 100 to 25600 that is expandable to ISO 50 to 102400
* 399 focal plane phase-detection AF points, high speed AF response up to 40% faster than the original a7R
* Shooting and recording 4K video in multiple formats
* New highly durable reduced-vibration shutter, 50% less vibration from shutter movements compared to its predecessor
* Innovative 5-axis image stabilization system equivalent to shooting at a shutter speed approximately 4.5 steps faster
What’s this specification??
Has it been possible to use back-illuminated sensor in full-frame size already?
The resolution isn’t too high?
I don’t have much technical knowledge, but anyway I wanna touch A7RⅡsoon! Lately the number of digits for ISO is getting too long for me to count. I will be happier if there is a comma for separating thousand;) In any case, I can feel Sony is focusing all their efforts on this camera. I reckon they put all they have to aim at increasing their share in Mirrorless market. How wonderful is that!
We need make a body suit for A7RⅡ!! But no, we already have one for A7Ⅱ. These 2 cameras should be the same in sizes, if so the new camera can wear the same body suit almost certainly!
The open type body suit for A7Ⅱ（and A7R Ⅱ）is currently in production. We are planning to sell them next month, so wait a bit please!!